Monday, September 7, 2015

History of our guizmos


So here it is, the history of the internet...I'll give a few pieces of trivia on this.

Remember Dick Tracy's (or International Rescue, or Sailor Moon's) wrist watch communicator? That's how we saw the future in the 1960s, complete with flying cars and all.
It's 2015, we still don't have flying cars, but we do have smartphones that put Dick Tracy's watch to shame.

I was re-watching Apollo 13 when I drew this, hence the "Houston, we have a problem" and "Oxygen Tank not found" on the computer screen.

The California hippies and their computer company is named after Steve Jobs, Bill Gates and Steve Wozniak...also, check their Apple 1 Pear 1 computer...

I, too, needed Google to know that computers once looked like that...


In the next frame, another electronic guizmo that other child of the 80s like me will certainly recognize:

That's the Nes, Nintendo Entertainment System. The original one. You could play Mario or Zelda on this and never see your bedtime go by. If you were like some kids I knew, you saw this more than your best friend.

I guess to someone born in 2005, it can be hard to believe that video games once looked like that but, without any of those toys we wouldn't have the Xbox One, WiStation One, Blackberry, Raspberry, iPhone, iBone and Android phones, Roboid phones.